Kajal Aggarwal Fan Club: Excerpt from Kajal Agarwal's Interview

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Excerpt from Kajal Agarwal's Interview

KAJAL AGARWALS INTERVIEW TO NDTV

Q:
How do you feel about making a debut opposite Ajay Devgn?
A
Ajay Devgn is one of the best actors this country can boast of. So I am glad to be debuting with him.


What made you venture into Bollywood?
A
It happened by chance. I was doing a couple of films down South. It was bound to happen at some point in my life considering that I was born and brought up in Mumbai. I've lived here all my life. It was a very natural progressionn towards Bollywood. I am very happy doing my films in South.

Q. 
How did you land with role in Singham?
A
Rohit offered me the role after seeing my south film Magadheera. He was looking for a simple amd innocent girl for the role and felt i fitted the bill perfectly.

Q
A lot of actresses from South make dream debuts and then disappear into oblivion. Are you here to Stay?
A
I am a Mumbai girl who went down South, made it big and is now back to the place where she belongs. I have not seen myself as a South Indian actress. I am a Punjabi girl.

Q
Compared to South, Bollywood is way bolder and glamorous. How do you plan to keep up to it?
A
I have my limitations. I have never kissed onscreen. I had cheated a kiss once in a South film.