Kajal Aggarwal Fan Club: An Excrept from the interview of Rohit Shetty regarding Kajal Agarwal

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Excrept from the interview of Rohit Shetty regarding Kajal Agarwal

How did you zero upon Kajal Agrawal to play the female lead?
I had seen her in the Telugu hit Magadheera, one of the costliest films made there. For Singham, I was looking for a new face. And I wanted someone who I did not have to work on or teach acting. And when I saw Magadheera, I got what I was looking for. Kajal is a simple girl, not the typical model type but like the girl-next-door. She does not come out of the water in a two-piece neither is she showing her cleavage. Moreover she is an established actor in Tamil and Telugu and she is a good actress. She has no problem with the language as she is a Mumbai girl born and brought up in Churchgate. I think she is like how Anushka Sharma was in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.